Main Points of Lesson 11
Spiritual Strongholds: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) Strongholds are areas of our fallen nature that still have power over us.
2) Unhealed trauma and generational sin patterns in the family system are breeding grounds for strongholds.
3) Strongholds are rooted in lies that seem self-evidently true.
4) Strongholds are habit patterns of thought that require no effort to believe.
5) Strongholds are negative emotions that have a “strong hold” on us.
6) If we don’t carry the thoughts of strongholds captive to Christ, they will hold us captive to the enemy.
7) Pulling down strongholds is a truth encounter, not a will power contest.