Main Points of Lesson 12
Reversing the Curse: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) Generational sin includes the sin of Adam (that separated us from God), the sins of our ancestors and the sins of our parents.
2) Un-repented sin remains a fresh stain before the eyes of the Lord.
3) It can be passed on by natural, environmental or spiritual means.
4) The reality of choice is what causes the consequences of sin to be passed on to succeeding generations.
5) God is not the one doing the punishing—it is the choices of the previous generations that are reaping sin’s consequences down the line.
6) Only repentance can remove sin and its consequences from the earth.
7) Our lives powerfully impact others—for better or for worse. Knowing this can strengthen us in hard times.