Digging Deeper into Lesson 16
Mending the Broken Heart: Head to Heart Guide
Choose a trauma to "work with"
1) Ask the Lord to show you one trauma from the Exercise list that He would like to work with you on at this time. Put it on the form below. It will set a pattern for mending the other ones.
2) Fill in the names of anyone you may need to forgive (yourself and God included).
3) Ask the Lord to show you where any doors may have been opened for the enemy to come in and oppress you through false messages (insecurity, rejection, shame) or ungodly reactions you may have had (promiscuity, un-forgiveness, rebellion). Write them down.
4) Finally, write down the truths from God's Word that you will need to whole-heartedly believe for your heart to be restored to wholeness.
5) Now go to work praying with the Holy Spirit's help. Enlist the help of a friend if needed.
Person(s) to forgive
Ungodly reaction(s) to repent
False message(s) to renounce
Truth(s) to believe