Meditations on Lesson 16
Mending the Broken Heart: Head to Heart Guide
Time alone does not heal anyone. We all know people who have never gotten over the terrible things that have happened to them—and it keeps ruining their lives in the present. The longer anyone carries pain and damage the harder it is for them to believe that they have a life they could want.
Nevertheless, our Invincible Savior says with supreme confidence that on that Great Day when we finally meet Him face to face, He will wipe every tear from our eyes (Isaiah 25:8, Revelation 7:17; 21:4)—making everyone glad to have had the life they had, even after their chance to enjoy it down here is over!
How will He do that? By the same five ways He uses down here with anyone who will let Him. To build hope and faith over this search your memory (praying for the Holy Spirit to help you) to recall each of these five ways that you have seen God use for healing in your own life or that of someone you know.
1) Tears—even tears alone can do the mending. Whose tears has He already wiped away, leaving peace and gentle restoration in their wake?
2) Full forgiveness. If no one has this testimony, go back and retake Freedom through Forgiving!
3) The prayers of others that God has used to do His mending.
4) Believing with a full heart of faith the hope giving promises of God (Romans 8:28).
5) Supernatural interventions, especially revelations of His glory (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).