Main Points of Lesson 16
Mending the Broken Heart: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) Traumatic events are often door points for the enemy to enter and oppress.
2) Unhealed traumas generate ungodly beliefs, bitterness and fears.
3) To be healed, we have to become willing for God to mend us on His terms.
4) There are five main ways God heals trauma—time alone is not one of them.
5) God uses tears, forgiveness, the counsel and prayers of others, active believing and the supernatural ministries of His Spirit.
6) As long as there is still pain in the memory forgiveness is not yet complete.
7) If a sense of loss or regret remains, believing His promise is incomplete.
8) We can be fully mended from emotional trauma! Restoration is real!