Stretch Yourself with Lesson 17
Accepted in the Beloved: Head to Heart Guide
Here are some tips for struggling free of the "cocoon" of rejection. It is not easy, but it is do-able with God's help. One day we will get those lovely "butterfly" wings of faith and float high above the contrary winds of other people's opinions, if we keep persevering in the right direction now. Let's overturn the fiendish activity of rejection!
1) Pray through the steps of repentance outlined in these exercise and in Recognize and Replace!. This will enlist the aid of the Lord in helping you bring the stronghold down.
2) Stay in the game. Commit to being faithful in your relationships (unless physical or sexual abuse is involved): You cannot change them, but you can let their ways bring helpful changes to you. You are there to learn to love them, accepting them as they are!
3) Don't run from possible scenarios of rejection; don't let shyness or the fear of man stop you from doing what you know in your heart God would want you to do. No one gets free by hiding from the problem. Stay vulnerable.
4) Persevere. Of course rejection hurts! But let the pain of rejection keep pushing you into God's Heart - that is where your heart needed to be all along.
5) Behold Him! Make sure you begin each day basking in the bright Son-shine of Your Father's love! Hold fast to the great truth of your complete safety in Him.
For more help, read and take to heart The Father's Heart of Love.
Make sure you begin each day basking - in the bright Son-shine of Your Father's love!