Main Points of Lesson 17
Accepted in the Beloved: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) Our Father will never reject us—His love and acceptance of us is perfect.
2) It is a sin against us—God has commanded everyone to love and accept us.
3) It is a devastating lie—there may be sin in us, but we are not sin.
4) It is a key element of psychological illness—damaging to our sense of self.
5) It becomes our sin (unbelief in God; idolatry of others) when we agree with it and take it to heart.
6) It is an evil spirit, one that delights for us to feel the very feelings we hate.
7) It draws power from a “secret truth”: Something is wrong in us (sin).
8) Apart from Jesus we would all be ultimately rejected; yet because of Jesus we who believe in Him will be totally accepted!
9) Let the pain of rejection push you into fully agreeing with The Father’s view of you—live covered and shielded by His acceptance of you.