Main Points of Lesson 18
Love Thyself: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) We are to love, forgive and accept ourselves as fully as God does - and still recognize and hate the sin that we see.
2) We can only love others as we love ourselves - our hearts truly need to be converted, fully applying the gospel of grace to ourselves.
3) We love God to the extent that we receive the revelation of His love for us.
4) Any un-love towards self, blocks our ability to believe and receive God's love, as well as that of others.
5) Stop hating and fearing the nine "unacceptable" things about yourself.
6) Self-pity is the hellish glue that binds you to self-rejection and past hurts.
7) You have to fight to get your life back, but God will be loving you and helping you every step of the way.
8) It really is a great good thing to be who you are in Christ. Choose to believe it and reject any thought or feeling that doesn't agree with this truth.