Main Points of Lesson 19
Godly Contentment: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) Envy and jealousy are the opposites of godly contentment.
2) Envy and jealousy grow out of coveting, pride and bitterness.
3) Covetousness always wants more; it is a form of idolatry about things.
4) Pride constantly compares to others to prove we are not inferior.
5) Bitterness makes us resentful of the blessings of others.
6) Beware of comparison to others—there is no wisdom in it.
7) Our Father is a great Provider—He faithfully supplies what we really need.
8) Let the first sign of envy cause you to quickly return to trusting in your Father’s promises of faithfulness to you.