Meditations on Lesson 20
Exposing the Darkness: Head to Heart Guide
The point of this meditation is to pull the veil of secrecy off of this area of the enemy’s work by exposing the darkness that may have passed for light. Many people do not believe that the occult realm is real—and the enemy loves to have it so. But be careful not to go into fear or excessive interest: our God is far more powerful and fascinating!
1) Why is this area (the occult realm) so interesting?
2) Why do you suppose that God is so adamant about closing it off to us?
3) How do you discern if you have encountered real spiritual darkness?
4) How did occult contact feel? How else would you describe it?
5) Did it affect your thoughts as well as your feelings?
6) Have you had family members or friends involved in the occult?
7) Did they ever realize that they had transgressed and seek to get free?
8) Have you ever tried to talk someone out of being involved in the occult or a Christian or non-Christian cult?
Close with a prayer for the Father to forgive, cleanse and cover you or your loved ones wherever God's boundaries have been transgressed in the past.
Return to Exposing the Darkness: Head to Heart Guides for more ways to go deeper into these truths or stay "on course" by going to the...