Main Points of Lesson 22
No More Idols: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) A “besetting” sin is a Biblical word for things we can’t “just say no” to.
2) It takes being 100% surrendered to God to get free of an addiction.
3) Freedom is primarily a truth issue. We fight to believe truth.
4) The binding power of addiction comes from three powerful lies: of the idol (#1), of the wounded heart (#2) and of the distorted image (#3).
5) Behind addiction is a demon seeking to be worshipped and served.
6) Lie #1 tells you the object of your craving will satisfy you or heal you. The root cause of all addictions is the inability to receive love.
7) Lie #2 has you looking for love in all the wrong places—in the world. Receiving the Father’s perfect love is an ongoing necessity of life.
8) Lie #3 has you running from the Father rather than to Him. In your times of testing learn to get grace into every place of disgrace.