Meditations on Lesson 24
Walking in the Spirit: Head to Heart Guide
Guidance is an art, not a science. Because of this, it really helps to share stories of guidance. This enables us to “listen in” on the ways God has been speaking to and guiding others and the ways they have been listening to and observing His directions.
So go ahead—don’t be sheepish. If you haven't been doing it already, start sharing your stories of how the Lord has been guiding you on earth into fun, into fruitfulness, or out of trouble! And then ask your friends to share their experiences. Celebrate that you are heaven directed people! As they share really "listen in" to how they were listening--and gain some fresh insights to what you could be doing.
In the meantime reflect back over the ways you have been listening in the past.
1) How do you usually “hear” from the Lord?
2) What are some of the things He has spoken to you—and how did you hear it?
3) What are some of the things He has shown you to do—and how did He show you?
4) What enabled you to receive guidance: was it your quietness or desperation, or what?
5) When you know you need guidance how do you (effectively) go about seeking to receive it?