Prayer Focus for Lesson 6
The Pathway of Temptation: Head to Heart Guide
Since the primary purpose of the enemy is to draw us away from the place of full surrender to the Lord, our greatest weapon against temptation is to focus in prayer, praise and thanksgiving upon our God, so that living fully surrendered to Him comes more easily and naturally.
Spending time in His presence by intentionally seeking to give worship to the Lord throughout the day makes running to Him so much easier when we come “under fire” in the times of temptation.
To worship means to “ascribe worth” to something or someone. Do not seek the feeling of His presence, seek the rightness of your heart in the act of showing/telling Him how much He means to you. Consider adding into your day times of:
1) Giving thanks for His blessings as you experience them.
2) Praising Him frequently for His love, mercy, wisdom, and saving power.
3) Singing along with worship CDs or songs you know by heart.
4) Stopping to “smell the flowers”—simply enjoying His creation in silent wonder.
5) Offering yourself to Him body, soul and spirit.
Send, allow,ask, withhold: only let me trust You and obey You through it all.
6) Asking for Him to help you surrender fully.
Lord, make me willing to be made willing to surrender everything to you.
Return to Pathway of Temptation: Head to Heart Guide for more ways to go deeper into these truths or stay "on course" by going to the...