Main Points of Lesson 6
The Pathway of Temptation: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) It is not a sin to experience even strong temptation—only to agree with it.
2) The enemy tempts us primarily to draw us away from our place of trust and surrender.
3) Fully surrendered we are a great threat to his kingdom because Jesus becomes so "alive" in us that we are advancing His Kingdom as we go.
4) "Drawn away" into survival mode (“hanging in there”) we are not much of a threat--the enemy has us on the defensive with one foot ensnared by his kingdom.
5) While we are “hanging in there” he will further tempt us to give up resisting and start giving in to sin.
6) The process of temptation can be recognized and stopped at any point.
7) Resisting temptation is a struggle to believe truth—not a will power contest.
Return to Pathway of Temptation: Head to Heart Guide for more ways to go deeper into these truths or stay "on course" by going to the...