Main Points of Lesson 8
Beholding the True Image: Head to Heart Guide
Carefully review these main points, making sure you understand them and can see how they might apply to your life. Ask the Lord to help you believe and live by His perspective on your reality.
1) The images we hold in our heart of hearts are powerful - for good or ill.
2) Jesus came to restore two images lost in the Fall: that of God and that of us.
3) Whenever we behold His Image rightly we are transformed - as the Holy Spirit works through our faith to open our eyes and release our spirit.
4) Beholding simply means seeing something about Him we need to see in Him - that matches the need we have, so that trust can be restored.
5) The new nature (who we really are) comes to life as we behold Him - even if it is just a glimpse!
6) It will take continually catching such glimpses to be continually raised into new life. This is definitely a daily process.
7) The power of beholding alone is what transforms us. All else is self-effort!
Return to Beholding the True Image: Head to Heart Guide for more ways to go deeper into these truths or stay 'on course' by going to the...