Would You Like To Live Like Jesus?
Five Ways That God Is Already Helping You!
This article asking 'Would you like to live like Jesus?' is an introduction to 'Matters of the Heart,' our free eCourse for spiritual growth and emotional transformation. The 24 Main Healing Lessons from the course can be found in the downloads section in PDF and MP3 formats. They are also available in our Store as an ebook, a 176 page workbook and as CD and DVD sets of 24, 1/2 hour teachings.
Living Like Jesus - On the Inside!
Would you like to go through your days like Jesus did? No one has ever been able to walk through daily life with more love, more peace, or more joy. Yet no one has ever had a tougher assignment to carry out! When we began our life in Christ, most of us prayed that we would become like Jesus. Our Father has been answering that prayer ever since!
What was Jesus like? There are five ways God is working every day to help us become like Jesus. Gaining insight will help you cooperate with what God is already doing.
1. Stress free. We all have tons of things that we need to do each day. So did Jesus! No one ever had more to accomplish or more people to attend to. Yet we see Him going through His day with inner peace, untroubled by the pressures of a busy day and willing to let Himself be interrupted at a moment's notice.
Would you like to go through you day without being stressed? You have Him inside you helping you learn His ways of trusting God and seeking to do the next right thing. Trust Him and follow the steps He shows you - this really cures stress!
2. Anger free. Do you find yourself losing patience with the foolish ways of people around you? Would you like to go through your days with a whole lot less anger? Jesus walked through a world of sinful people who caused no end of problems for Him, yet He was able to keep joy and love alive in His heart, because He was really good at forgiving sinful people.
Would you like to learn how to love like Jesus? You have Him on the inside willing and able to help you forgive and accept people just as they are. He does that with you all day long! So received His grace and start giving it away!
3. Rejection free. Most of us seem to think that the best way to avoid feeling rejected is to avoid being rejected! Consider these failed strategies: perfectionism (trying to avoid criticism by getting everything right); withdrawal (trying to avoid criticism by hiding from people and avoiding challenges); belligerence (criticizing others first). It doesn't work! You still end up feeling the pain anyway. Jesus suffered the unjust rejections of many people. To counter this He lived with His heart secure in the knowledge that His Father's love for Him was perfect and that His Father would never reject Him. That kept Him free of feeling rejected!
Would you like to overcome rejection like Jesus does? You have the same Father! He is always loving you and will never reject or forsake you. Learn to run to Him when people hurt you.
4. Care free. The world is filled with problems and dangers. The news is always dreadful. You never know what's going to happen next and half the time it's not something good! How can you live in peace? Jesus was able to live in moment to moment dependence upon God's control of the world, not His. He was peace-filled all of the time no matter what the enemy was stirring up, because He trusted the Father in all things.
Would you like to learn how to live like Jesus? You have a new nature in you that loves to live by trusting God. Cast your cares upon Him so that your new life can blossom!
5. Burden free. If you have a heart that can love, then you are 'at risk' for being snared by the enemy. Many people that we care for are in deep trouble and often there is nothing we can do to fix the problems in their life. It can really weigh a person down. Everywhere Jesus went He saw people whom He loved that were carrying heavy burdens and living with great anguish and injustice, but He never got burned out, angry or depressed in trying to be God's instrument for helping them.
Would you like to be able to care for others the way Jesus did? He is right beside you wanting to help you learn from Him how to entrust your loved ones to God.
Jesus freely chose to live on earth as we are meant to: in complete trust in the Father's love for Him and in complete dependence upon the Holy Spirit to provide the supernatural assistance. Would you like to live like Jesus? You can!
Follow in His steps and you will learn
how to go through your day just as He did!
Interested in Going Deeper?
Consider taking our free eCourse for Healing. We have designed a complete series for personal transformation, 'Matters of the Heart,' to help Christians gain emotional freedom and inner healing. In all there are 24 Main Healing Lessons and 24 Head to Heart Guides to help you bring your heart to God and receive His Great Heart for you in return!