It Is Great to Be You!
5 Powerful Reasons for Making Peace with Yourself
This article on why it is great to be you is an introduction to "Matters of the Heart," our free eCourse for spiritual growth and emotional transformation. The 24 Main Healing Lessons from the course can be found in the downloads section in PDF and MP3 formats. They are also available in our Store as an ebook, a 176 page workbook and as CD and DVD sets of 24, 1/2 hour teachings.
The Truth Is Better than You Think
I have had a terrible time accepting myself - just as I am. However, no matter what my complaint about myself was, Father God would work to help me love, forgive and accept myself - just as He does. Eventually, He said to me: "I want you to believe that it is a great good thing to be you - because you have Me for your God!" This brought so much emotional healing! Since I can't change me, it is a great good thing to have the kind of God I do as my personal Savior and Friend!
These five reasons are true for you too. Believe them and take greater joy in your life in Christ. It is great to be you because...
1) Your Father always loves you. Even as a Christian, there was a time when it meant practically nothing to me that God loves me. I wanted my life fixed! I didn't want to be the person with so many problems to deal with. What a shock to discover (gradually) that Father God wouldn't agree with me. He went right on loving me no matter what! I would certainly hate to be me, if it meant that God couldn't love somebody like me, but since He loves me so passionately and perfectly, it really is a great good thing to be me.
2) Your Father always forgives you. As you grow in the Lord, His search light of truth goes deeper and deeper. In order to get cleansed from the inside out, you have to be willing to look honestly at things like bad attitudes, wrong desires, and selfish motivations. Ugh! I hate it that I have such a dark side! However, if you are a natural born sinner like me, it is a great good thing to be the person God has chosen to always forgive!
3) Your Father is always eager and able to rescue you. He says "Call on Me and I will answer you" and He promises to rescue "all who call on His name." That's you, isn't it? Maybe you've had your trust broken by people who broke their promises. Your God is not like that! He is willing and able to come to your rescue--in any situation. Since I always seem to need a lot of help, it is a great good thing to be somebody that God always wants to rescue!
4) Your Father is always making great plans for you. God has plans for how to deliver us in every situation of need. But that is not all: He has plans for how to lead us by His Spirit whenever we trust and obey Jesus as our Lord. But that is not all: He even has plans for how to work through our distrust and disobedience to bring us back to Jesus, so that He can lead us once again. That's a lot of plans! And I am glad He keeps making them for me.
5) Your Father is always making everything work for your good. When I first came to faith in Christ, I started gathering up all the things that I wished had never happened and "converted" them by believing that they would be used to work for a greater good than the apparent evil that was in them. Eventually, my heart floated free from the fears, bitterness and discouragement that had been holding it down. I hated having had so many bad things happen, but I love having Someone dedicated to bringing good out of them!
Can you see how these five powerful reasons will help you to believe that it is great to be you? Join me in this prayer:
Because of my Father's perfect love for me, His never-ending mercy for me, the future and hope He has for me, and His commitment to bring good out of everything that has ever happened or will ever happen to me, it really is a great, good thing to be me! I therefore choose to fully forgive myself and accept myself--just as He does. And I will fight to take my life back from all unloving attitudes against myself. I may have had a bad beginning, but I am going to have a great never-ending!
It really is a great, good thing to be you!
Interested in Going Deeper?
Consider taking our free eCourse for Healing. We have designed a complete series for personal transformation, "Matters of the Heart," to help Christians gain emotional freedom and inner healing. In all there are 24 Main Healing Lessons and 24 Head to Heart Guides to help you bring your heart to God and receive His Great Heart for you in return!