Who You Are In Your Eternal Being
7 Things You Need To Know About Yourself!
This article on who you are in your eternal being is an introduction to 'Matters of the Heart,' our free eCourse for spiritual growth and emotional transformation. The 24 Main Healing Lessons from the course can be found in the downloads section in PDF and MP3 formats. They are also available in our Store as an ebook, a 176 page workbook and as CD and DVD sets of 24, 1/2 hour teachings.
Seeing Ourselves from Heaven's Perspective
Who are you? One day everything that surrounds you will fade away and the new, everlasting Reality will appear. What sides of yourself will pass into eternity with you? Seeing who you will be in eternity will help you to see and become that truer, freer version of yourself right now.
Here are 7 things you need to know about who you are in your eternal being now that Christ has come into your life:
1) You are eternally a receiver of His love. You are the beloved of the Lord. Just try to wrap your mind around that incredible fact! You don't have to wait to be loved. You have always been loved. Before you were even born--before the worlds were created--this amazing God chose to create you as someone He could completely love. He will always love you! Human love is "chump change" compared to this! Learn to delight in the endless supply of His love now.
2) You are eternally a receiver of His mercy. God and Jesus didn't start forgiving you yesterday. Despite all of the pleading you may have done for God's mercy, you have never had to talk God into forgiving you. That's why the Father asked Jesus to go to the cross - covering you with mercy is His idea. The grace of God will always be covering you! Try to get used to it.
3) You are eternally a receiver of His help. You cannot wear God out with requests for His help. The truth is you have needed His help for everything. This will go on into eternity. No one has to worry what their life in heaven will be like. He is the Giver of Life to everyone! He helps everyone be active and delighted in heaven. In heaven nothing gets in the way of His giving help and our receiving it. Try not to get in the way of Him giving you life now.
4) You are eternally a receiver of His truth. Don't you just love learning about things that interest you? Don't you hate finding out when you've been lied to? God has given us a love for the truth in order to save us and delight us. We may be abysmally ignorant of things on the human scale, to say nothing of eternal realities, but we are learners for life. And the One teaching us is the most loving Teacher imaginable! You really do get to take wisdom and understanding into eternity with you. Enjoy accumulating it now!
5) You are eternally a receiver of His life. Who you really are looks a lot like him! When I was a non-believer, it was difficult to just be myself, especially since there was so much inside me that needed to be kept on the inside! In heaven all will be transformed. John wrote that in heaven we will become like Jesus because we will see Him as He really is. Even now we can learn how to look to Jesus, surrender every care to Him and be released to live in a more graceful and truer version of ourselves.
6) You are eternally a receiver of His joy. This has already begun. Whenever we connect by faith with the reality of who Jesus is and what He has done for us, joy rises inside our hearts. His joy is in you and all around you because the truth from which joy springs is eternal and unchanging. There really is a glad-hearted God who loves you and wants you to enter His joy! Learn to let faith fill with you joy now!
7) You are indestructible in your very being! Yes, you can and will die physically one day, but you are now joined at the hip spiritually to the One scripture says is indestructible. This means that even though your feelings and your circumstances may be overwhelming, they cannot crush the life out of you! Why? Because Jesus said "I am resurrection and I am Life!" He is in us. He will always get us through. He will raise us again and again in this life, and He will raise us all the way to heaven when this life runs out! Relax and trust Him to do it!
You are not your job. You are not your social status or bank account. You are not your weaknesses and sins. You are an eternal being! You have everlasting life in Christ. You have been given a soul of dazzling beauty and a spirit as free as the wind.
Let who you will be in eternity
shape how you see yourself now.
Interested in Going Deeper?
Consider taking our free eCourse for Healing. We have designed a complete series for personal transformation, 'Matters of the Heart', to help Christians gain emotional freedom and inner healing. In all there are 24 Main Healing Lessons and 24 Head to Heart Guides to help you bring your heart to God and receive His Great Heart for you in return!